School Streets

What will School Streets mean for residents?

If you are a resident in one of the streets closed to traffic then you will need to apply for a permit allowing you to drive when the lights are flashing.

There is information on the main council website including the application form for residents.

The times of operation for each of the schools varies slightly from school to school, and again you can access this information from the main council website.

If you have a blue badge then the restriction does not apply and you will not need a permit for the times you are using the car.  If however, the car is driven by someone else and the blue badge holder is not in the vehicle then you should still apply for a permit.

Getting your permit is very simple as all you need is the V5 vehicle document and  a recent utility bill with your address on it.  Download a copy of the guidance notes for more information.

Be Bright Be Seen 2019

Be Bright, Be Seen - Look Out For Each Other 2019 Campaign

Read more features...