School travel plan
You may need a school travel plan if
- there are any road safety problems around your school?
- you worry about your child's health and fitness?
- your school has traffic congestion or parking problems?
- you concerned about the environment around the school or globally?
- your child's route to school be be safer?
If your answer to of these is yes, then a school travel plan can help.
The Council has two road safety officers helping schools write their travel plans and shape their active travel action plans. We ask parents, pupils and teachers how the routes to school could be made safer to encourage more children to walk, scoot and cycle to school.
We can address issues as diverse as upgrading crossing points all the way to running campaigns in school to support walking and cycling. Please email the School Travel team for more information.